Friday, February 28, 2014

Relationships are like Peanut Butter and Jelly

"Relationships are like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You always start with two very different spreads but with at least one commonality. The Bread. The bread is what holds the differences together but allows for each to stand alone as well. But once you bring the two sides together, you can never really have the two original sides as you did when you first started making the sandwich. A little jelly will always stick to the peanut butter, and a little peanut will always stick to the jelly no matter how much you try to separate them. Like our hearts, once you have given even the smallest piece of it to someone else, you can never really have that piece back. It’s theirs. It’s theirs because you gave it to them. Sometimes bringing together the two sticky sides can make a real sweet snack, or it could be a sloppy mess of either too much jelly, or too much peanut butter. When you have too much of either spread, it means the other isn’t giving as much as the other is. Therefore, overpowering the beautiful potential of the other to really taste good as it should. And when there’s a PB&J casualty of either spread slipping out of the bread, sometimes it’s best to call it quits and start over. No one wants a leaky PB&J. No one wants a leaky heart to love. So when it’s all said and eaten (like my PB&J that I have in front of me as I’m typing this), be careful who and how you choose to give your heart to someone. But then again, you never know how delicious that sandwich might be if you never try to make it in the first place. So let your heart steer your knife, and let your conscious be the plate." 

-Alvin

2 comments:

  1. I constantly emailed this site post page to all my friends, because if prefer to read it then my all friends will too.fix a relationship

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet! I ejoyed it. I love to read and write as well. Your article fit me and explained why I have been eating the two foods separately. I'm on my 2nd attempt to a pbtr & jelly sandw., he being the chocolate keeps sneeking off and getting mixed with different flavor jellies. I am just Tooo Picky and dont want to die from food poisoning Thank you. So it looks like its just GOD, Toast and my mouth. Because I cant find any Peanut Butter thats like or will stick to just me. Its ok. I know you will succeed in your Journey! ThankYou for your insight and Loving Help! GOD BLESS!, RMS*

    ReplyDelete