Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Working too Hard?

(c) Evan Do

One of the cons about always being busy is that you sometimes forget to leave time for yourself. I’ve had this problem quite often in high school since I felt the need to participate in so many different activities, but I managed to have a lot of fun and get through everything. Lately, I’ve been feeling that same stressful feeling but for some reason, I have always enjoy it… I have yet to have a "boring" day during my whole first semester of college . I never had a day yet where I literally had nothing to do and no one to hit up; I always found myself up and productive.

But the problem is that I’m tired. I’m physically fatigued from long days and long nights almost every day. Especially in recent times because I’m trying my best to tackle and manage so many different projects that I working on.  I spent most of my first semester grinding my ass off to network, keep up my grades, perfect my resume, and now I finally have a great job. Now that I have a great job, I spend 20 hours a week to this job, to build my resume, to gain experience, develop my skills for another job. And it’s this continuing cycle of me always thriving for more. This is just an example but I’m always trying to get better, to achieve something greater and I ask myself “What’s the point?” Why am I trying to do so many things? It’s not like I have anything to prove to anyone. None of my friends in my class are trying to be at my level. Their lives are so much more laid back with their schedules and for me? Well, I consider myself lucky if I make it back home for dinner on time. I guess everything that I’m doing is what I’m passionate about and despite my fatigue, I do the things I do because I always want to improve myself. There’s no real point to this post or anything too exciting, just a random rant. 

No days off. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment