Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chicago: The Windy City

Something about traveling just really excites me.
To be placed in a new environment, surrounded by strangers, mystery, and unexplored adventures. Wandering the streets of foreign territory in negative degree weather in search for a comedy show, or walking half a mile to see a giant bean in the middle of a park, or simply understanding the city’s public transportation system.

Today, I write about my experience in Chicago. I attended AIESEC’s United States Winter National Conference for 6 days and spent the next couple of days exploring the beautiful city.

If my mom had to ask me what I did, I would say something like,
“For the first 6 days, we as AIESECers were evaluated on our current ranking compared to other countries. We were tested on our currents skills we acquired and went through multiple tracks to improve our own special committee. In the process, we built personal relationships to people across the nation and developed our leadership skills.”
 
In which is true. But in the process, the conference was greatly entertaining and informative. The details are very technical and hard to explain to someone who isn’t in AIESEC, but we learned practical skills on how to continue exceling at everything we have been doing. The days were long as it went from 9am sometimes all the way to 11pm and let’s not forget the “late night hangouts.” But overall, it was a great learning experience and I’m glad AIESEC offers opportunities like these to be a part of something greater and work together to change the world. I strongly encourage anyone reading this to ask me about AIESEC and why we do what we do, I’ll be more than happy to share.
After the conference, the study tour the organizing committee had planned out was unfortunately cancelled because of a huge blizzard that hit our region (which ultimately delayed our flights…) but this gave us a chance to hang out with whomever, whenever, and wherever we went while still renting the hotel rooms at a discounted price. Together with a small group of friends, we bonded closely over great food, great view and cherished everything we could at Chicago. As I cannot explain my experience in great detail, I hope these pictures and a quick video I have created can help share my experiences with you guys. 




More Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment